M&C Insurance Roundtable
April 8, 2008
A series of informal, interactive discussions of the latest developments in Insurance Law and practical approaches to everyday claims handling.
April 8, 2008
Bad Faith & Claims Handling
- Managing claims to avoid bad faith exposure
- Assignments, stipulated judgments & covenant not to execute
- Theories of extra-contractual liability & damages
- Litigating the bad faith case
June 10, 2008
The Art of Settlement Negotiations & Dispute Resolution
- The negotiation process
- Recognizing opposing counsel's negotiation style
- Opening offers & managing the "dance floor"
- Thinking outside the box: Help the mediator achieve a good result!
September 16, 2008
Coverage Issues in General Liability Cases
- Covered vs. non-covered "property damage" & "bodily injury"
- Use of declaratory relief options
- Defending with independent counsel
- Settlement considerations
November 12, 2008
Construction Defect Claims
- Shifting the risk: Indemnity and additional insureds
- Multiple insurers – Allocating defense & indemnity
- Completed operations vs. ongoing operations risks
- Underwriting developments
Location: Murchison & Cumming, LLP
801 South Grand Avenue, 9th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90017
and CPCU continuing education credits.
Parking will be validated. Entrance to
parking lot off Grand Avenue
Join us for this lively and informative series,
presented by these leaders in Insurance Law:
About Murchison & Cumming, LLP
With a firm history dating to 1930, Murchison & Cumming, LLP is a premier civil litigation firm with five offices in California and Las Vegas, whose attorneys specialize in the defense of domestic and international businesses, insurers and individuals, at trial and on appeal. The Firm’s attorneys also handle employment matters and business transactions. For additional information, please visit our website at www.murchisonlaw.com.