Los Angeles Office
View My vizCard
- California, 1987
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1987
- Southwestern University School of Law (J.D., 1986)
- University of California, Irvine, California (B.A., 1982)
Vanessa H. Hubert
Vanessa H. Hubert is a Partner with Murchison & Cumming, LLP’s Los Angeles office focusing her practice on all lines of professional liability defense and employment law. Throughout her 30 years of experience Ms. Hubert has dedicated her practice to advising, counseling, and defending clients in highly complex disputes.
Ms. Hubert combines her set of expert communication skills while remaining calm and empathetic, to provide her clients with excellent customer service and experienced results. She is a team player who works with each client to achieve the common goal of a positive result. Recently, Ms. Hubert defended a small business client in a Labor Board hearing involving wage and hour issues which resulted in an award by the labor Commissioner in her client's favor. She successfully eliminated the majority of plaintiff's employment related claims in a recent motion for summary judgment.
A graduate of University of California Irvine, Ms. Hubert studied Psychology before continuing onto law school at Southwestern School of Law. She has dedicated much of her career to giving back through pro bono work, serving as a Judge Pro Tem in the Los Angeles County Municipal Court, as well as teaching young attorneys and paralegals various aspects of litigation. Ms. Hubert is a member of the Mission Effectiveness Committee at La Salle High School in Pasadena and isa CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate) for the juvenile dependency court in Los Angeles.
When not at the office, Ms. Hubert enjoys spending time with family and friends, cooking, gardening, reading, and enjoying the outdoors and her community.
- Adjusting the Automobile Injury Claim in California, National Business Institute
- Deposition Skills, Los Angeles Trial Lawyers Association
- Harassment Prevention in the Workplace, Various Entities, 2010 - Present
- Do's and Don'ts of Hiring and Firing, Professionals In Human Resources Association, Los Angeles, September 18, 2014