- California, 1992
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 1992
- Nevada, 2007
- U.S. District Court District of Nevada, 2007
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, California (J.D., 1992)
- Law Journal: Hastings Law Journal, Managing Editor, 1990 - 1992
- University of California, Los Angeles, California (B.A., 1990)
Michael J. Nunez
Michael J. Nuñez, the Partner-in-Charge of Murchison & Cumming, LLP's Las Vegas office, brings a unique background to his practice, being both an experienced trial lawyer and experienced appellate lawyer.
Mr. Nuñez is Co-Chair of the firm's Foodborne Illnesses practice group and is the senior trial attorney in the firm’s Las Vegas office. He has represented defendants in wrongful death and severe injury; assault and battery claims; product liability and transportation claims; physicians and lawyers in malpractice claims; and has defended entities in lawsuits arising out of construction accidents, water rights issues and premises liability exposures. Mr. Nuñez also handles employment related matters including wrongful termination claims and Title VII and state unlawful discrimination claims. In addition, he represents insurers in insurance coverage matters and bad faith/declaratory relief litigation.
Mr. Nuñez has successfully argued dozens of cases before the California Court of Appeals and the United States Appellate Court for the Ninth Circuit. He recently obtained a unanimous defense jury verdict in a multi-million dollar brain injury/back injury automobile accident claim in District Court, Clark County, Nevada. Mr. Nuñez has also represented foreign companies in transactional and litigated matters. He is AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Las Vegas Defense Lawyers, Founding Board of Directors
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Clark County Bar Association
- "Nevada a Progressive State? Nevada Now Prohibits Employment Discrimination Based on 'Gender Identity or Expression,'" Murchison & Cumming, LLP, Employment Brief, Fall 2011
- "Violence at our Borders: Rights & Status of Immigrant Victims of Hate Crimes & Violence," Hastings Law Journal, Vol. 43 Issue 6, 1992
- "Strategies for Defeating 'Crawford Claims' and the Paradox of CH2M Hill," FDCC Annual Meeting 2011, July 28, 2011, Williamsburg, VA
Representative Published Decisions
- Del Webb v. Partington, 652 F.3d 1145 (2011)