Los Angeles Office
Add to My Contacts
- California, 1981
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- Southwestern University School of Law (J.D., 1980)
- Whittier College (B.A., 1977)
Jeffrey C. Lynn
Jeffrey C. Lynn is an Associate Partner in the Los Angeles office of Murchison & Cumming, focusing his practice on transportation matters. He has more than 25 years of experience in the transportation field, covering commercial auto, personal, property, D&O, E&O, EPL, and commercial lines insurance policies.
While working at multiple firms and in his solo practice, Jeff has successfully obtained dismissal or summary judgment in State and Federal courts in cases of first and third-party commercial auto and commercial line claims. Among his recent accomplishments, Jeff won a motion for summary judgment for an insurance carrier based on an unattended auto exclusion in a trucking insurance policy. He was also instrumental in defending a claim by a disabled individual against a commercial transportation company in the San Joaquin Valley arising out of alleged molestation by the company’s driver.
Jeff received his B.A. in political science from Whittier College before earning his J.D. from Southwestern University School of Law. During law school, he worked as a law clerk at the Santa Monica City Attorney's Office and the legal department of Chas. T. Main, Inc., now called Parsons Main. He chose a career in law to make a difference in people's lives and help others with legal matters. Clear communication can make or break a case, and Jeff prides himself on his strength as a writer. He remains focused and creates persuasive and strong arguments to best advocate for his clients.
He is a past President of the Van Nuys Neighborhood Council (VNNC) and a current member of the Planning and Land Use Committee (PLUM) of the VNNC. Away from the office, he enjoys both watching and participating in all sports.
- The Case for Sending Attorneys to Commercial Accident Scenes, October 2010, Los Angeles Daily Journal
- The Graves Amendment – Across the Country and in California, October 2010, The Transportation Lawyer
- The Risks of Careless ‘Black Box’ Retrieval Policies, February 2011, Transport Topics, and April 2011, The Transportation Lawyer
- Protecting Yourself Against One-Sided Indemnification Clauses, Fall 2011, Dillon Risk Management Quarterly Update