- California, 1999
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 2002
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 1999
- Golden Gate University School of Law, San Francisco, California (J.D., 1998)
- Dean's List
- Merit Scholarship Recipient
- Semi-Finalist in the Appellate Advocacy Competition
- Vice President and Academic Chair, Asian Pacific American Law Students Association
- Conference Chair, National Asian Pacific American Law Students Association
- Member, Student Bar Association Admissions, Curriculum and Career Committees
- San Diego State University, San Diego, California (B.A., 1992)
Heidi C. Quan
Heidi C. Quan is a Partner in Murchison & Cumming's San Francisco office. Ms. Quan has experience representing individuals and businesses in a wide variety of matters, including areas of business litigation, general liability, professional liability, employment law, landlord/tenant, health law and product liability. Her clients have included owners of both small and large businesses, restaurants and bars, hotels, residential care facilities and nursing homes, security companies, and owners and property managers of shopping centers, commercial buildings and various other properties. She is experienced in handling matters involving wrongful termination, sexual harassment, defense of employers in uninsurable claims in the worker’s compensation arena and premises liability, to name a few.
She is "AV" rated by Martindale-Hubbell and a Northern California "Super Lawyer." Experienced in all phases of litigation, mediation and arbitration, Ms. Quan strives to bring each case to a timely and optimal resolution, and avoid the risk and cost of litigation, through early investigation and evaluation. She also counsels her clients on litigation avoidance and handles matters before they become lawsuits.
Ms. Quan is a member of the State Bar of California, the Defense Research Institute, the Association of Defense Counsel of Northern California and the Asian American Bar Association. She is admitted to practice before all California State Courts, the United States District Courts for the Northern and Eastern Districts of California and the Ninth Circuit Federal Court of Appeal.
As a member of the Defense Research Institute, Ms. Quan is a Membership Co-Vice Chair for the Retail & Hospitality Committee and is the Diversity & Inclusion Vice-Chair of the Women in the Law Committee.
As an active member of The Junior League of San Francisco (JLSF), Ms. Quan promotes and participates in local volunteer activities supporting and strengthening families in need by working with partnered organizations who assist with providing the tools low income and homeless families need to break the cycle of poverty and homelessness, support the employment of women and other areas of community impact. The JLSF also advocates on behalf of issues important to our community including child abuse prevention, perinatal depression, sex trafficking and violence against women. She has the pleasure of serving again on the JLSF Board of Directors and has held other leadership positions in the women-run organization.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Defense Research Institute
- Association of Defense Counsel of Northern California
- Asian American Bar Association
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance
- "Outbursts of Rage and Refusal of Fitness for Duty Examination May Lead to Termination" Murchison & Cumming's Fall 2014 Employment Brief
- "Stand By Me…But Do I Need To Pay You To Do It? Employee On-Call and Standby Time May Be Compensable," Murchison & Cumming Winter 2012 Employment Brief