- California, 1999
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 2002
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 1999
- Golden Gate University School of Law, San Francisco, California (J.D., 1998)
- Dean's List
- Merit Scholarship Recipient
- Semi-Finalist in the Appellate Advocacy Competition
- Vice President and Academic Chair, Asian Pacific American Law Students Association
- Conference Chair, National Asian Pacific American Law Students Association
- Member, Student Bar Association Admissions, Curriculum and Career Committees
- San Diego State University, San Diego, California (B.A., 1992)
Heidi C. Quan
Heidi C. Quan is a Partner in Murchison & Cumming's San Francisco office. Ms. Quan practices in the areas of employment law, general liability, trucking, health law and vertical transportation. She is experienced in handling matters involving wrongful termination, sexual harassment, defense of employers in uninsurable claims in the worker’s compensation arena and premises liability, to name a few. Her clients have included employers of both small and large businesses, residential care facilities and nursing homes, trucking companies, and owners and property managers of shopping centers, commercial buildings and various other properties. Experienced in all phases of litigation, mediation and arbitration, Ms. Quan strives to bring each case to a timely and optimal resolution, and avoid the risk and cost of litigation, through early investigation and evaluation.
She is "AV" rated by Martindale-Hubbell and was recently recognized as a "Northern California Super Lawyer."
Ms. Quan previously worked in the Legal Unit for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and also as a Judicial Extern for Justice Timothy A. Reardon on the California Court of Appeal.
As an active member of The Junior League of San Francisco (JLSF), Ms. Quan promotes and participates in local volunteer activities supporting and strengthening families in need by working with partnered organizations who assist with the resettlement of refugees, provide the tools low income and homeless families need to break the cycle of poverty and homelessness, support the employment of women and other areas of community impact. The JLSF also advocates on behalf of issues important to the League and our community including support for families in need, child abuse prevention, perinatal depression, sex trafficking and violence against women. She has been on the Board of Directors and other leadership positions in the women-run organization. Ms. Quan is also a member of the Development Committee for San Francisco Court Appointed Special Advocates (SFCASA). The mission of the SFCASA Program is to train volunteers to serve as officers of the court to advocate for the best interests of abused and neglected children in the foster care system.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Defense Research Institute
- Association of Defense Counsel of Northern California
- Asian American Bar Association
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance
- "Stand By Me…But Do I Need To Pay You To Do It? Employee On-Call and Standby Time May Be Compensable," Murchison & Cumming, LLP, Employment Brief, Winter 2012