View My vizCard
- California, 1991
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 1998
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1992
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1994
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 1992
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2007
- University of San Diego School of Law, San Diego, California (J.D., 1991)
- San Diego State University, San Diego, California (B.S., With Distinction, 1986)
Gregory A. Sargenti
Gregory A. Sargenti is an Associate Partner in the Irvine office of Murchison & Cumming, LLP. Mr. Sargenti focuses his practice in the areas of IP litigation, patent and trade mark prosecution, product liability defense, general liability, hospital and professional liability defense, hospitality, and general business litigation, insurance coverage and bad faith litigation.
With over 25 years of experience, Mr. Sargenti enjoys the challenge of an ever-changing field. Representing clients and prevailing in cases such as validity and infringement litigation, severe personal injury cases, as well as professional liability cases. He has experience in the defense of architects and engineers from claims of professional negligence, aerospace engineering, structural design, reconnaissance aircraft, and as a patent attorney.
Mr. Sargenti is admitted to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office and is a patent prosecutor.
Mr. Sargenti is also a member of the State Bar of California, Orange County Bar Association, Association of Southern California Defense Counsel, Sigma Gamma Tau National Engineering Honor Society and the Tau Beta Pi National Engineering Honor Society. He is also admitted to practice before all California State Courts, the United States District Court, Central District, Eastern District and Northern District, the United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit.
Mr. Sargenti is a graduate of San Diego State University (B.S. in Aerospace Engineering, with distinction) and University of San Diego School of Law (J.D.).
While away from the office, Mr. Sargenti enjoys spending time with his family, surfing, skiing, tennis, and he volunteers with the Irvine Unified School District Athletics as well as the Second Harvest Food Bank - Orange County.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Orange County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Sigma Gamma Tau National Engineering Honor Society
- Tau Beta Pi National Engineering Honor Society
- Lead counsel in Unisone Strategic IP, Inc., Patent Owner adv. Life Technologies Corporation, Petitioner Inter Partes Review of Covered Business Method Patents pending before the USPTO’s Patent Trial and Appeal Board.