- California, 2012
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 2015
- University of Southern California, Gould School of Law (J.D., 2011) Los Angeles, California
- University of Oxford (M.St. in World Archaeology, 2008) Oxford, United Kingdom
- University of Southern California (B.A. in Archaeology and English, with Honors, 2007) Los Angeles, California
Dean's List, 5 Conseutive Semesters
Academic Energy Award
USC Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Research
Georgiana A. Nikias
Georgiana A. Nikias is an Associate, resident in the Los Angeles office, of Murchison & Cumming, LLP where she is a member of the firm's General Liability, Product Liability, Art and Cultural Heritage, Business Litigation, and Wildland Fire Litigation practice groups. Ms. Nikias has played a principal role in the defense of a number of high-profile, complex national matters.
Ms. Nikias’ passion for the field of art and cultural heritage law and ownership stems from her extensive archaeology background, including in areas of litigation and negotiation from local to global in scale. As a member of a number of museums in Los Angeles, and a volunteer speaker at the University of Southern California Archaeology Department, Ms. Nikias closely follows the trends that affect archaeologists, art, artists, museums, and private collectors both within the state and internationally and is recognized as a a leader in Art and Cultural Heritage law.
Ms. Nikias is actively involved in her local community and sits on the Board of Gals Starting Over, an organization whose mission to help women restart their careers. Before she began working as a licensed attorney, Ms. Nikias worked as a consultant for a number of start-up 501(c)(3) organizations assessing legal issues and drafting business plans.
She is an honors graduate of the University of Southern California, University of Oxford, and the University of Southern California Gould School of Law. She was recognized recently as a Top Lawyer by Pasadena Magazine, via a peer vote.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association International Law group, Art and Cultural Heritage Law Committee Member
- Conversational French