- California, 1982
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- Cleveland State University, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland, Ohio (J.D., 1975)
- San Diego State University, San Diego, California (B.A., 1971)
B. Casey Yim
B. Casey Yim is Of Counsel in the Irvine office of Murchison & Cumming, LLP. A member of the firm’s Professional Liability Practice Group, Mr. Yim specializes in the defense of attorneys, accountants, medical professionals and healthcare providers. He handles matters in both the Los Angeles and Orange County offices. He is AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Prior to joining Murchison & Cumming, Mr. Yim was a founding partner of Pivo, Halbreich, Cahill & Yim, where he served as the Resident Managing Partner of the Los Angeles office and Chair of its Professional Liability Group. From 1983 – 1999, Mr. Yim was a partner at Lewis, D’Amato, Brisbois & Bisgaard in Los Angeles, where he was Chair of the firm’s Trial Practice Group and a member of the firm’s Management and Compensation Committees.
Mr. Yim has 25 years of civil trial practice experience covering multiple areas of civil litigation including but not limited to professional liability; commercial and contract litigation; product liability patent, trademark and copyright infringement. His primary practice area is Professional Liability litigation (legal, medical, accountants, securities, broker/dealers).
- "Power Points of Persuasion in International Arbitration," International Law Conference, Salzburg, Austria, September 2004
- "Effective Drafting of the Arbitration Clause to Meet the Demands of International Arbitration", Los Angeles County Bar Association, International Law and Commercial Law Sections, MCLE, Los Angeles, California, January, 2005
- "Comparative International Arbitration Procedure-- Discovery, Introduction of Evidence, and Experts; How to Capitalize on Limitations in Foreign Jurisdictions", Center for International Legal Studies, Steamboat Springs,Colorado, February 2005
- “The Advantages of Cross-Examination in the Arbitration Setting," at the Center for International Legal Studies' annual conference being held September 23-26, 2004
- "How to Prepare for and Handle Binding Arbitration; Anatomy of a Medical Malpractice Case,” Muchison & Cumming seminar, Los Angeles, California, January 2004
- "Risk Management: Power Points of Loss Prevention", Ahern Insurance Brokers, Los Angeles, California, November 2004
Representative Published Decisions
- Darling Hall & Rae v. Kritt, (1999) 75 Cal App 4th 1148, 89 Cal. Rptr.2d 676 (legal malpractice; civil proc.)
- Roth Steel Products Co. v. Sharon Steel, Co., 705 F.2d134 (6th Cir, 1983) (commercial, UCC)
- Standard Oil Co. of Ohio v. United States Department of Energy, 465 Fed. Supp. 274 (N.D. Ohio, 1978) (energy crisis)
- Worlds of Wonder v. Vector Intercontinental, 653 Fed. Supp. 135 (N.D., Ohio, 1986) (IP; infringement, treble damage action)
- Irene Ross v. The Euclid Board of Education, 52 Ohio App.2d 28, 1977(w/termination)
- Bernardini v. Board of Education, (1979) 58 Ohio St.2d 1, 387 N.E.2d 1222 (employment practices; public sector)
- Julie Heldman v. Uniroyal, 53Ohio App.2d 21, 371 N.E.2d 557 (1977)(prod liab; Uniroyal prof tennis surface)